IDENTIFYING YOUR PRODUCT
Before you get started troubleshooting, let’s make sure you are reading the correct support page. To identify your True Wireless product, the product name will be printed either inside the charging case on the underside of the lid OR on the back body of the charging case.
FIRST TIME SET-UP AND PAIRING
Here are the steps you will want to take to set up your new Dime® earbuds:
- Take the earbuds out of the case and remove stickers from charging contact points. We recommend you put the earbuds back into the case to charge for about 30 minutes before first use. Be sure the LEDs on the earbuds turn red – this indicates charging.
- Once charged, remove the earbuds from the case to initiate pairing. Both earbuds will automatically power on and the LEDs will simultaneously flash blue while they sync to each other.
- Once the earbuds have synced together, you’ll hear a voice prompt that says ‘Pairing’. Only the left earbud will begin to flash red/blue. From your device, turn on Bluetooth and look for ‘Dime®’ in your list of available Bluetooth Devices.
- Select “Dime” and accept any “Pair” or “OK” prompts that appear on your screen. When pairing is complete a voice prompt will say ‘Connected’. Now that Dime® is paired, you’re good to go.
PAIRING A NEW DEVICE
If you have already set-up and paired to one device, you can easily pair to another device by following these simple steps.
- Manually Power Off your earbuds with a 4-second button hold.
- While Off, press and hold both earbuds again for 4 seconds. this will manually “Power On”, sync, and then enter your earbuds directly into “Pairing” Mode. At this time, your LEFT earbud will begin to flash red/blue.
- Simply then search and select Dime® in your available Bluetooth Device list to pair your new device.
- Auto Power On & Power Off:
- Remove earbuds from Case, and Place them back into the case (charging will begin).
- Manually Power On:
- Manually Power Off:
- Play/Pause & Answer/End Calls:
- 1x press on EITHER earbud
- Volume Up:
- 2x press on your RIGHT earbu
- Volume Down:
- 2x press on your LEFT earbud
- Track Forward:
- 1 second hold on your RIGHT earbud
- Track restart/ track back:
- 1 second hold on your LEFT earbud
- Activate Assistant:
Issue:The biggest challenge with true wireless earbuds is ensuring your buds are properly connected to each other and your device. There are times when you may unintentionally disconnect your buds and change their paired state; this can create pairing challenges and impact your ability to hear audio in both earbuds or use either bud in Solo Mode. Do not worry, we have a few easy ways to get this fixed!
First complete a power cycle by simply placing your buds into the charging case until the LED on both earbuds turns RED. Then remove your buds from the case and evaluate, sometimes this is all you need, but if you’re still having trouble we’ve got you covered.
Solution 1: RE-SYNC your Earbuds – “Audio isn’t playing from both of my earbuds”
- Power ON your earbuds by removing them from the charging case, or manually press and hold the button on each bud for 2 seconds.
- Once powered ON (you can be in a connected or non-connected state) press the button on BOTH buds 4x to start the earbuds re-sync pairing mode (earbuds connecting to each other).
- Your earbuds will flash Red/Blue momentarily as they re-sync, once successful they will flash Blue together and you will hear a “connected” voice prompt.
- If you were connected to your device, your earbuds will automatically reconnect to your device and you’re ready to stream in stereo audio (sound will play from both earbuds).
Solution 2: Reset your Paired Device List – “I can’t get my earbuds to pair to my device correctly, or Solution 1 isn’t fixing my audio playback”
- To ensure ease of re-pairing, please un-pair or forget your Dime® in your paired Bluetooth device list
- Remove your Dime® earbuds from the charging case and allow them to automatically power ON.
- Ensure your earbuds are in a non-connected state, then on either earbud, press the button 2x and then hold for 2 seconds.
- This will automatically reset your paired device list and enter you directly back into Pairing Mode. You will hear the voice prompt “Pairing” and only the LEFT bud will begin to flash RED/BLUE.
- At this time, turn ON your device’s Bluetooth and look for “Dime” in your list of Available Bluetooth devices, and select it.
- IMPORTANT – Select the “Pair” and “Ok” prompts that will pop up on your screen.
- Once successfully paired, a voice prompt will notify you are now “Connected”
Issue: If you would like to use Dime® with only one ear bud (Solo Mode), you’re in luck! The updated technology in Dime® allows you to use either the left OR the right bud in Solo Mode. Once paired correctly, you will be able to switch seamlessly between your right and left earbud. Although, if you’re having any challenges utilizing the Role Switching capabilities, you may follow these simple steps to ensure ease of use when pairing and switching between Solo and Stereo Modes.
- Please note – BOTH the LEFT and RIGHT bud for Dime® can be used in Solo Mode.
- For the optimal Solo Mode functionality, first Power ON and pair your buds to your device normally or as described in our troubleshooting section. This will ensure the seamless transition between Stereo and Solo modes.
- Once you’ve paired your earbuds you can simply remove either your left or right earbud from the case and it will connect to your device in Solo Mode. At any time, you can remove the other bud from the case, it will automatically sync and begin streaming audio in Stereo Mode.
- Additionally, if you’re already streaming in Stereo Mode, simply place the RIGHT or LEFT bud back into the case; whichever you prefer! The remaining bud will stay paired and function with both phone calls and music.
- In Solo Mode you will maintain your Play/Pause, Answer/Hang up Call and Activate Assistant functionality, but please note you will lose some of the media control functionality such as “Volume +/- “, and “Track <</>>”.
- Again, if you would like to change back to Stereo Mode while in Solo Mode, simply pull the other bud from the case at any time and you will hear a tone, or the music will seamlessly begin to stream to indicate that you have automatically entered back into Stereo Mode.
- Please Note – If you’re having any trouble switching between the LEFT and RIGHT buds in Solo Mode, you may need to follow the reset solutions above to regain proper functionality.
BUDS NOT CHARGING IN CASE/CASE LID NOT CLOSING PROPERLY?
Issue: Not seeing the RED LED indicator on the buds when you’ve placed your DIME back in the case? This would let you know your earbuds are powered off and charging, so if you’re experiencing this issue here are a few helpful tips.
- First ensure your case is charged up. If your charge case battery is dead your earbuds will not automatically power off and begin to charge when placed into the case.
- Check to see if any debris is blocking the charging pins in the case, or on the bud
- Check to see if the removable in-ear gels are placed correctly on the acoustic port, this could be keeping the buds from sitting correctly in the case
- This same issue could also be interfering with your case lid when closing, if you’re having a hard time closing the lid correctly, this is an indicator that buds are not set correctly or the gels are interfering.
BATTERY & CHARGE
What is the total charging time for Dime®?
- 1 hour for the earbuds to charge to 100% inside the case
- To charge your earbuds, place them in the charging case. The earbud LEDs will be solid red while charging.
- The LEDs will turn off when fully charged.
- When your battery has less than 30 minutes of play time left, a voice prompt will notify you “battery low” and the LEDs will flash red every 5 seconds.
- 5 hours for the case to charge to 100%
- To charge your case, plug in the Micro-USB charging cable and connect to a computer, wall charger, power bank or 12-volt adapter in a car.
- The LED to the left of the mirco-usb port will turn RED to indicate the case is charging, and once the case has fully charged, the LED will turn Green.
Battery life and play time is very important to me, how long does the Dime®last?
- There is 3.5 hours of play time in the ear buds, and 8.5 hours in the case, allowing up to 12 Hours of total play time.
Can I charge Dime® with my Skullcandy Power Accessories/PC/Laptop?
- Pretty much all USB-A to Micro-USB charging cables will work to charge your Dime®.
Why does the Micro USB charging cable look different?
- With this new design, there is no wrong way to plug the USB-A side of your cable into your power source. The non-directional plug just makes it quicker and easier to plug in since you don’t need to figure out if it’s upside down or not.
Does Dime® have some sort of fast charge?
- Dime® has a Micro-USB charging port and cable.
What is this new lanyard feature used for?
- Since the charge case is so insanely small, the provided lanyard accessory is used to connect/clip your case and earbuds to your key chain, backpack, really anything you want. You’ll have no problem carrying your earbuds with you wherever you go!
Tell me about the Improved True Wireless RE-SYNC of your earbuds?
- This improved earbud to earbud pairing solution will not require the end user to Clear/Reset their device every time they have issues with the buds pairing together. Simply re-sync your earbuds following solution 1 above and quickly get audio streaming from both buds in no time.
What is the benefit of the Role Switching feature and functionality?
- This allows both the LEFT and RIGHT bud to act as the Primary bud, which allows more media controls and features to be activated from either side. Functions such as, play/pause, answer call/hang up call, Activate Assistant can be controlled on both the LEFT and RIGHT bud, simplifying the user experience.
- This feature also allows you to utilize either the LEFT or RIGHT bud in Solo Mode, rather than being limited to just one specific side.
Does the Dime® pair with the Skullcandy App?
- Sorry, but the Dime® will not pair with the Skullcandy APP.
What is the Bluetooth range of the Dime®?
- You will be able to listen up to 30+ feet (10+ meters) away from your paired device, though your connection experience may vary based on your environment.
Can I connect Dime® to a computer?
- Yes, as well as to a phone, tablet, MP3 player, laptop, or anything else with a Bluetooth connection.
Can I use Dime® with a PS4/Xbox One/Switch?
- Xbox One: No
- Switch: Yes
- PS4: No
Which version of Bluetooth does Dime® use?
Which side of Dime® is considered the “Primary” bud?
- The LEFT and RIGHT side earbud can be your Primary earbud, so either bud can be used in Solo Mode (one earbud listening).
When on a call or listening to my content, will I hear audio in one or both earbuds?
- Dime® has stereo calling and streaming so you’ll always hear the caller or your media content in both ears.
- Although, you do have the option to use only one earbud (left or right side) if you prefer Solo Mode in some situations.
Can I use Siri/Google Assistant/Alexa with my Dime®?
- When paired to your device, you can press the button on either the LEFT or RIGHT bud 3x to activate your voice assistant feature at any time.
Can I use during most activities?
- Dime® has a water resistant rating of (IPX4). This will allow them to hold up to some rain and moisture with no problems at all.
- Please note that ONLY the buds have the IPX4 rating. The charging case does NOT have an IPX4 rating so you want to be a bit more careful with that.
Please DO NOT return to store and be sure to reach out to customer service before filing a claim, we can likely help you quickly troubleshoot and solve your problem!